Yun Raymond Fu
Dr. and Assistant Professor
Founding Director of SMILE Lab
College of Computer and Information Science (Affiliated)
403 Dana Research Center
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Ph: (617) 373-7328 Fax: (617) 373-8970
E-mail: yunfu ece neu edu
I am continuously looking for excellent Ph.D. students, PostDocs, Visiting Scholars, and Research Associates to work on machine learning, computer vision, and social media analytics. Please send me your CV if interested.
Research Interests: Interdisciplinary research in Machine Learning, Social Media Analytics, Human-Computer Interaction, and Cyber-Physical Systems
Associate Editor: IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT) (2011-), International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence (IJPRAI) (2011-), Journal of Multimedia (JMM) (2009-).
Best Paper Awards: [IEEE ICIP 2007], [IAPR ICFHR 2010], [IEEE ICDM LSVA Workshop 2011].
- 04/2013, PI, ARO, Manifold Learning for 3D Shape Description and Classification, $50k, 9/13-7/14.
- 03/2013, PI, Northeastern University Tier 1 Program, $50k, 7/13-6/14.
- 03/2013, I received the 2012 TCSVT Best Associate Editor (BAE) Award.
- 03/2013, Our FG paper is selected to a special issue of the Image and Vision Computing Journal on "The Best of Face and Gesture 2013".
- 03/2013, My student Handong Zhao received the prestigious Dean's Fellowship, NEU CoE.
- 02/2013, PI, Technion-Northeastern University Research Partnership, $90k, 2/13-2/14.
- 11/2012, We have 5 FG 2013 paper accepted including 1 oral presentation.
- 09/2012, Founding Director of the Synergetic Media Learning (SMILE) Lab at Northeastern University.
- 09/2012, All my PI grants (total of $2.3million) are transferred to Northeastern University.
- 09/2012, We have 1 ICDM 2012 paper accepted.
- 09/2012, We have 1 NIPS 2012 paper accepted as spotlight.
- 08/2012, We have left SUNY at Buffalo and moved to Northeastern University at Boston.
- 07/2012, We have 2 BMVC 2012 papers accepted.
- 06/2012, We have 2 ECCV 2012 papers accepted.
- 06/2012, We have 1 ICME 2012 and 7 ICPR 2012 papers accepted.
- Fall 2015, TBA [CourseWeb]
- Spring 2015, TBA [CourseWeb]
- Fall 2014, TBA [CourseWeb]
- Spring 2014, TBA [CourseWeb]
- Fall 2013, EECE 5698 Introduction to Visualization [CourseWeb]
- Spring 2013, EECE 3464 Linear Systems [CourseWeb]
- Spring 2013, EECE 2411 - Introduction to ECE Lab [ CourseWeb ]
Recent Publications [Full-List]
Yun Fu, Human-Centered Social Media Analytics, Springer, 2013 (in press)
Yun Fu and Yunqian Ma, Graph Embedding for Pattern Classification, Springer, 2013
Haomian Zheng, Zhu Li, Yun Fu, Aggelos K.Katsaggelos, and Jane You, Video Activity Recognition by Luminance Differential Trajectory and Aligned Projection Distance, volume 31, Handbook of Statistics, C.R.Rao and Venu Govindaraju (Eds.), 2013
Xu Zhao, Xiong Li, Zhe Wu, Yun Fu, and Yuncai Liu, Multiple Subcategories Parts-Based Representation for One Sample Face Identification, IEEE (T-IFS), Volume:, Issue:, Page(s):, 2013.
(Oral Presentation, Image and Vision Computing Journal special issue on "The Best of Face and Gesture 2013")
Jie Hu, Yu Kong, and Yun Fu, Behavior Recognition by Learning Structural and Pairwise Mid-level Features Using Random Forest, IEEE Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG), 2013
Acknowledgements of Support
Last Update: 3-11-2013, Copyright 2004~2013, Raymond Fu, All Rights Reserved